Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Golf Industry Show 2011 Orlando

I wanted to say thank you to all I met last week during the Orlando Golf Industry Show. Although I do have Analytics to track my blog traffic, I was taken back by the amount of Superintendents in the industry and who attended the GIS show that regularly follow the blog! Thank you! Wednesday night was fantastic and a big thank you to @JohnKaminski and @Aquatrols for getting our Tweetup together. I have heard some rumblings for the tweetup next year, could be trouble!!

Many of you may know that myself and Bob Porter, fellow Superintendent, conducted an iphone/ipad talk at the Tech booth during GIS. Following the presentation, several people continued conversations with us and exchanged information. I personally gave some other talks on utilizing iPhoto and iMovie as well as conducted a Q&A on integrating some of the fantastic tools we have available to us now. I too, had several follow up conversations and exchanged contact information. Well, the emails and phone calls have started coming in, and we are glad to help. I will begin posting some answers to some common questions as well as posting some information I fell appropriate, for any of you after the show that ran out and got an iphone or ipad.

Again, thank you all for following and it was great meeting some of you!

1 comments:

Hiawathaturf said...

I would like to echo what Bill comments. He beat me to it. I really enjoyed first doing the demo with Bill, and second meeting lots of people interested in iPads.

I also spent a fair amount of time listening to and talking to several about how to use apps on an iPad after the demo. I have also started hearing from and getting emails from individuals from the GIS11 show. That's great.

I love talking about Apple and iOS products. Maybe Bill and I can post of tips and tricks so to speak. Much like the Google info posted above.

Thanks again to all those that attended the iOS demo at GIS11.

Post a Comment

wibiya widget