Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

"Green" Charger?


My daily addiction to Twitter brought me to a post by Cult of Mac about a "Green" Charger - Green Wall Charger from VogDuo. I have listened to mixed opinions about charging methods of Apple iOS devices "...you can leave it plugged in! Don't leave it plugged in, it will damage the batter!" Over almost 4 years of using my iPhone and now iPad I have found that leaving the device plugged overnight despite only needing 4 hours of charging time, has done NO damage to my batteries. As I understand, due to the make up of the batteries, leaving them plugged in for a long period of time does no damage. If you are of the opinion that leaving an iOS device plugged in will damage the battery then the Green Wall Charger will be right up your alley.

All thought not released yet, this charger includes 4 USB ports as well as a Y connector to charge iPads, since they require different wattage for charging. More importantly this charger contains a timer. You can set the timer for 2,4,6, or 8 hours. Once the timer is up the charger draws zero electric. Fixing any issues of "over charging" and "Phantam" demand. This charger is scheduled to be released at the CES conference next month. I will follow-up with a price once released.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

wibiya widget