Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tips for Excel 2011 for Mac

I was excited to finally get my hands on Office 2011. I had tried the new office on the windows side of my Mac, but Windows 7 is such a dog, was just too slow! I haven't had the opportunity to really dig into Excel, but one very important new edition, it's actually a returning feature is Macros or Visual Basics. In Office 2008 for Mac, these were eliminated and caused me much frustration. Dealing with as many Excel sheets as I do in a given day, not being able to use the sheet as it was intended, because I wasn't able to use Macros was frustrating. So I am glad to see they are back.

I follow MacWorld hints and the other day a tips and tricks was released for Excel 2011. They posted 3 tips, one of which I think would really be useful for Superintendents. The use of Sparklines. Sparklines gives you the ability to insert a small line graph into a cell which will show the trends. This would be great to use in budgets to show how certain expense lines or labor trend during the year. This could also be used to show irrigation usage, fert trends, the list can go on. From my experience, being able to show something visually like this really helps to get a point across. Below is a picture of a Sparkline example as well as the article from MacWorld.



Three great tips for Excel 2011 for Mac

0 comments:

Post a Comment

wibiya widget