Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Attending the GIS 2010 in San Diego?

Since I have several followers of this blog that are fellow industry professionals, I thought I would post this today. If you are attending the GIS Show and don't have any seminars picked yet, consider "Taking Control of Your Career, Make it Magic!" This is held on Tuesday morning from 8am to noon. I was asked by GCSAA to assist in teaching this with Carol Rau, PHR. Carol and I have finished developing the program and it promises to be exciting and informative. Learn to bring value to your current club and utilize technology to advance your career. I am very excited to have this opportunity to teach with the GCSAA.

Not making any seminars, then be sure to stop by the Test Drive Technology Lab on the Trade Show floor. I will be completing a demonstration of the iPhone. Showing Superintendents and other industry professionals how to maximize your daily tasks with the use of this smartphone. Featured iPhone apps will include, Weather Tracking, vewing and editing word and excel email attachments right on your phone and how to maximize your course or properties irrigation with apps from RainBird and Toro. Many other applications will also be demonstrated. Currently, I am unsure what time I will be in the Test Drive Technology Lab, I will post updates on here and Twitter when I have further details.

Last but not least, are you a Twitter user? If not, start now! This years GIS Show will be huge on Twitter!! @BASFTurf_us has already made several announcements via Twitter and most likely during the week of the show via Twitter. @GCM_Magazine discussed creating the hashtag #GIS10 for all communication for the GIS 2010 show. If you are a part of GIS be sure to include this tag on all your posts regarding the show.

Looking forward to seeing you all there....Safe travels!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

wibiya widget