Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

iPhone Twitter Client adds Push Notification



No doubt I check in with Twitter more than email nowadays. I saw a post on Twitter from one of my followers earlier this week, "will Twitter replace email?" At a recent meeting of industry professionals I brought up an example of the use of Twitter, an industry friend had an issue with his pump station last year. He posted issues on Twitter and by the end of the day he had his station repaired, all through the help of his followers. Twitter is no doubt a powerful networking tool and has gotten more powerful.

Recently Twitter has been updated to include Push Notification. No need to continually log in to see who is responding to your DM's or making mention of you. The new Twitter client will send a push notification to your iPhone when either of these takes place. I have been utilizing Boxcar for a couple years and I am glad to see Twitter is moving in this direction. I am able to be notified when I receive a DM or a mention without having to log in and continually follow Twitter. I can remain productive and not bog down in the addictive finger swipe of looking through tweets.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

wibiya widget